|About TMX Knockout United||12:47 AM 18-Sep-16 : Quote : Report : #
|TMX Knockout United is a weekly online racing competition designed to be fun! It provides casual gameplay and an element of unpredictable results. No training of tracks is required to play.
Time and place
The TMX Knockout is played on Friday evenings at the following times:
- April-October: 22:00 CEST / 20:00 GMT
- November-March: 22:00 CET / 21:00 GMT
Join the TMX Knockout United server before the designated time to take part!
Server link (London, United Kingdom)
A TrackMania United Forever account is required to play.
- We want to keep the Knockout a friendly place for all attendees. This means that we expect people to respect each other.
- The following is forbidden:
- Aggression including verbal attacks on other players, insults, hostility, general unfriendly behaviour
- Excessive foul language, shitposting
- Discriminatory and hate speech, racist slurs
- Flooding/spamming the chat, excessive use of text formatting
- Pirated content
- Topics such as sex, religion, suicide, death and topics that are otherwise NSFW are not wanted.
- Keep the chat in English. A phrase or two in another language is okay, but not more.
- Do not link to content that breaks these rules or the rules of TMX.
- Do not use skins (avatars, car decals) that breaks these rules or the rules of TMX.
- Do not use driving hacks, TASes or other third party tools that provide an advantage in the gameplay. We have no tolerance for cheating.
- Depending on severity, the admin team may enforce these rules by actions such as (but not limited to) warning, muting, kicking, disqualification (single event and retroactively) and banning (temporarily and permanently). Actions may extend to all TMX and MX sites, the TMX and MX Discord servers and other game servers administrated by us. The admin team may also take action for issues that are not specifically covered by these rules.
- If you have a problem with the way an admin handles the rules, privately message them or the admin team. Keep it off the server chat.
- You may join the server until the first live round starts. No registration is needed. If there is a warmup before the first round, you may join as well.
- At the end of each round, the last placed driver, or those who do not finish the race, are knocked out and need to spectate the remaining live rounds. Eventually there will be only one player left as the winner. Knocked out players may continue driving in warmups if there are any.
- In the case of a draw for last place(s), a custom tiebreaker mode may be initiated. If so, the current round will be restarted with the tied players only, and other players who are still in are temporarily put to spec. Once the tiebreaker ends, the knockout resumes as normal on the next round.
- If there are many players, the number of KOs per round will be calculated such that 20-25 rounds are played. It will start off with 1 KO per round, then progressively increase the number of KOs per round before gradually going back to 1 KO for the final rounds. Exact details can be found in the release notes.
- For the final six races (so once there are 7 or less drivers left), any track which is made by one of the participating drivers will be skipped. Until that time we play on as normal when the author is still in the knockout.
- If you experience a disconnection, you may get reinstated only if you haven't been eliminated yet. This means you may get reinstated if you rejoin, without missing any rounds, during the warmup - or the following round (but with a late start).
- Cuts are not allowed in Rounds and Time Attack unless the host says otherwise. Any interaction with a shortcut may be subject of disqualification.
We are currently running the knockout in three modes; Rounds, Time Attack and Stunts. In Rounds, a warmup is followed by a single round where you have only one chance to avoid getting last. In Time Attack there is no warmup, but instead you have a certain time to set your best time. Our pick of mode depends on the number of players as well as the chosen track pool. Stunts work similarly to Time Attack, the only difference is that instead of setting the best time you have to set your best score.
KO9 (Stunts) is played on the first Friday of each month.
Other knockout pools are played on the remaining Fridays.
|Last edited 23-Apr-2021 by Voyager006
The competition mostly consists of maps built specifically for the knockout system. These are the following track pools we can pick from:
• KO3 (Envimix)
• KO5 (Time Attack)
• KO6 (Famous tracks)
• KO8 (Fullspeed)
• KO9 (Stunt tracks)
• KO10 (Platform)
• MrA tracks
• Retro TMO
• Shock tracks
• StarTrack campaign
• Xmastree tracks
You can see which pools are open for submissions in the Knockouts subforum.
If you find a track to be unsuitable, give us a heads up in the #knockouts channel in the TrackMania Exchange Discord.
You can find the results of previous knockout events in the TMX Knockout spreadsheet and in the #knockouts channel in the TrackMania Exchange Discord.
|Last edited 10-Apr-2021 by Voyager006
|Frequently asked questions||12:30 AM 10-Apr-21 : Quote : Report : #
|Which environments/styles will be played?
The environments in each pool are evenly distributed, but some environments and specific authors may appear more often than others since we shuffle the tracks before the knockout. The maps themselves are usually a blend of tech/speedtech and normal race tracks with a few exceptions such as KO8 (Fullspeed) and KO9 (Stunts). Some pools also contain envimix tracks.
For detailed tracklists, take a look at the TMX Knockout spreadsheet.
I can't find the server, is it down?
Try joining directly through this link, or search for "tmxmkweekly". If you for some reason have too many favourites, try removing a few at player.trackmania.com. Some times it might actually be down, either because Nadeo's own masterserver is down or other reasons. We'll try to keep you up to date on the TMX Discord and, eventually, the front page in case this happens.
I had a disconnection! How do I rejoin?
When experiencing a disconnection, rejoin the server as quickly as possible. If it's passworded, join as a spectator. If you rejoin in time, you should be able to continue playing.
Can I get reminded of when this event starts somehow?
In the TMX Discord, we will announce the KOs in the #event-reminders channel - 30 minutes before the first KO, 5 minutes before the second KO and then a last reminder before the first bonus KO (if any).
Is there a chance that the KO will be played on other days than Fridays?
Sometimes we may host special or 'spontaneous' Knockouts, either because of a special occasion or to make up for a cancelled Knockout event. These may be announced on the TrackMania Exchange Discord on the same day as they are held.